Background

Background

Monday, March 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup

Another Pinterest recipe I found here. I was a big hit and everyone LOVED it!

Baked Potato Soup Ingredients:
  • 5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
  • 1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
  • 10 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 64 ounces chicken broth
  • 16 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
  • (optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions)

Directions:
  1. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken broth to slow cooker.
  2. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
  3. Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup in the blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (I did half at a time and used my Ninja. Be careful not to over blend. It still tastes good but not as chunky).
  4. Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy.
(I didn't take a pic but will the next time I make it!)

No comments: