Background

Background

Monday, November 10, 2008

Chicken and Rice Caserole

This is the classic family recipe we all know and love, thanks Mom. My husband loves this and it's become a staple in our house. Yes, it's one of not many recipes I know.

Ingredients:

1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (thawed)
1 can Crem of Chicken Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonaise
1 cup Shredded Cheese
1 cup Corn Flakes
Your favorite cooked rice ( I use Calrose)

Spread the chicken breats in a 1.5 qt casserole pan (I like to cut the chicken in half.)
Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, mayonaise and shredded cheese in a large bowl.
(Some have added broccoli and pea's to this mix to change things up a bit.)
Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken. The more sauce you have, the better.
Sprinkle corn flakes on top of the sauce.
Bake in over at 350 for 35 mins(ish).

Serve over cooked rice. (The sauce over the rice is my personal favorite of the whole meal!)

No comments: